The Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection provides a wide variety of affordable hybrid, memory foam, and innerspring mattresses that feature pressure relieving memory foam layers, individually wrapped and continuous coil systems, and soft, stretch knit covers. These mattresses range from ultra plush to firm and are suitable for a wide variety of sleepers.
Pick an Ashley Sierra Sleep mattress if...
- You're on a budget. If you're trying to save on your new mattress, the Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection is a great choice. Most models are priced well under $1000, and some are even under $500! The Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection has affordable options for any budget.
- You like shopping from a variety of different options. This mattress collection features over a dozen hybrid, memory foam, and innerspring models with different constructions and features. You're bound to find the mattress for you in the Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection.
- You love the bed-in-a-box concept. Each Ashley Sierra Sleep mattress is compressed and delivered in a box, straight to your door. For those who love convenience, the Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection is a great choice.
Seek alternatives to Ashley Sleep Sierra mattresses if...
- You like sleeping cool. Unless you're considering the Gruve memory foam model from this collection, almost none of the Ashley Sleep Sierra mattresses feature cooling foams, channels, or covers. If you need a quality mattress with cooling features, consider Saatva instead. Each of Saatva's mattresses have cooling features like organic cotton, latex, or gel infused foams to keep you comfortably cool.
- You're looking for a luxury product. While Ashley Sierra Sleep mattresses provide great value for their price, these mattresses lack the advanced features and premium materials that make luxury mattresses worth the investment. If you'd like a luxury mattress without spending thousands, we recommend Saatva. Saatva crafts luxury tier mattresses at affordable prices, making quality sleep accessible!
- The Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection provides mattresses that cover a range of four different firmness options to cater to a wide variety of sleep styles. Here's a breakdown of each firmness level:
- Ultra Plush: This firmness level is optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, Ultra Plush caters to this preference.
- Plush: Slightly firmer than Ultra Plush, this firmness level gives slightly more support while still remaining ideal for side only or combination sleepers.
- Luxury Firm: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Luxury firm provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment. This is also the most popular comfort level of all Saatva mattresses.
- Firm: Firm is best for back and stomach sleepers who still want a mattress that provides adequate give and responsiveness.
Construction & Design
The Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection makes three different types of mattresses: memory foam, hybrid, and innerspring mattresses.
- Memory Foam: Ashley Sierra Sleep's Gruve memory foam mattresses provide body contouring comfort from soothing memory foam layers while keeping you supported with a thick layer of support foam. Charcoal and Green Tea infusions provide a refreshing sleep experience, while the Dual Ventilation technology and Micro Cool cover promote breathability and keep you cool. Standard memory foam models include comforting foam layers, a supportive core, and a stretch knit cover.
- Hybrid: Ashley Sierra Sleep's hybrid models include a high density, super soft quilted top layer for deep pressure relief. Gel infused memory foam is designed specifically to fill out the hollow of your back for adequate lumbar support, while individually wrapped power coils respond to your unique shape to provide custom support. Two perimeter rows of pocketed coils provide ample edge support to keep the bed's surface stable.
- Innerspring: Ashley Sierra Sleep's innerspring mattress features a 2" high density quilt foam top layer to ease pressure points and provide comfort. Its 13" gauge Bonnel coil unit responds uniformly to you body for even support and weight distribution. The high density support pad creates a stable base and makes this mattress more durable.
The Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection generally performs well at motion isolation, but this depends heavily on which mattress you choose. The Gruve memory foam mattresses have no coils, so they produce little bounce to begin with. The Gruve's multiple memory foam layers are excellent at providing individual pressure relief and support without disturbing the rest of the mattress, so these mattresses are great for motion isolation. The hybrid options are also great for motion isolation, and the memory foam layers absorb energy generated from movement, and wrapped coils respond individually without disrupting the rest of the mattress. The only mattress not recommended for motion isolation is the innerspring model, which generates more bounce due to its continuous innerspring system. Generally, the Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection is great for couples!
Just like motion isolation, the Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection performs differently at edge support depending on which mattress you choose. The hybrid mattresses use a perimeter of reinforced pocketed coils around the edge of the bed to prevent sagging and roll off, but neither the memory foam models nor the innerspring model features an edge support system. If you're looking for a mattress that's durable and stable, the Ashley Sierra Sleep hybrid mattresses are your best choice.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection mattresses are compatible with most box springs or solid foundations. Ashley Sleep warns that using a box spring or foundation from a different brand could void the mattress warranty!
The Ashley Sierra Sleep mattresses ship free within the contiguous US, and is delivered in a box. This mattress includes a 10-year warranty.
Why Buy an Ashley Sierra Sleep mattress?
- You need a sleep trial. Ashley Sleep provides a 90-day sleep trial with your new Sierra Sleep mattress, so you can experience it in your own home to decide whether it's a good fit.
- You're not sure which firmness option is best for you. If you aren't sure which firmness option is best for you, the Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection is a great option. Its wide variety of firmnesses cater to side, combination, back, and stomach sleepers, so you can easily match your sleep style to the recommended firmness level.
- You need a new guest room mattress. Some Ashley Sierra Sleep mattresses may lack durability due to its lack of an edge support system, but this makes these mattresses excellent candidates for occasional use. If you need a new guest room mattress, the Ashley Sierra Sleep memory foam and innerspring mattresses perform well for the price.
Why Avoid Ashley Sierra Sleep mattresses?
- You don't want to buy a new foundation. Ashley Sleep states that it's possible your warranty is void if you use a bed foundation that's not also made by Ashley Sleep. If you don't want to buy a new foundation, we recommend Saatva instead. Saatva provides a generous 15-year warranty, and this remains valid as long as you use a supportive foundation of any kind.
The Ashley Sierra Sleep Collection is a great choice if you want an affordable mattress delivered to your door. This mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get an Ashley Sierra Sleep mattress for a great price, today!