The Awara Mattress is an eco-friendly mattress built to last. Featuring thick layers of high-grade pocketed coils and natural Dunlop Latex, this firm and supportive bed is a great option for back and stomach sleepers. Awara offers one of the longest sleep trials and warranties in the market, giving you a full year to try the mattress and backed by a lifetime warranty.
Pick Awara Mattress if...
- You sleep hot. The Awara Latex Hybrid mattress is built with naturally breathable latex and premium pocketed coils. These allow air to circulate through, keeping you cool all night long.
- You're indecisive. Awara's in-home sleep trial goes above and beyond. They give you a full year (365 days) to sleep on their mattress. If you find it's not the right fit for you, you can return it for free.
- You're an eco-conscious consumer. The Awara Latex Hybrid mattress is made with breathable organic materials such as New Zealand wool and organic cotton. Not to mention the use of sustainable Dunlop latex foam. This bed is not only good for you, it's good for the planet, too!
Seek alternatives to Awara Mattress if...
- You sleep predominately on your side. Side sleepers put the majority of their weight on their shoulders and hips when lying down. Which is why a soft mattress is preferable as it has the ability to cradle these areas without causing sore pressure points. Unfortunately, the Awara mattress is on the firmer side. In this case, you're better off with the Saatva Latex Hybrid which comes in a luxury plush feel perfect for side sleepers.
The Awara is a firmer than average mattress, coming in at an 8/10 on the firmness level scale. If you're predominately a back and stomach sleeper, you should do exceptionally well with this firmer feel. The coil base and thick latex later prevent your hips from sinking too far into the bed, keeping your spine/torso healthily aligned.
However, if you're a side sleeper, this bed is way too firm for your comfort. It doesn't allow enough cradling support for your shoulders and hips. This leads to uncomfortable pressure.
Construction & Design
- The Awara mattress stands 13" tall.
- Cover: This mattress features a plush Euro Top cover made with breathable organic materials such as New Zealand wool and organic cotton.
- Comfort Layer: 4" of Natural Dunlop Latex sustainably sourced from Sri Lanka. It's breathable, responsive, and durable.
- Base Layer: A thick 9" core base made of individually-wrapped coils supports this mattress. It provides lift for optimal pressure relief and spinal support.
If you sleep with a partner, exceptional motion isolation tends to be one of the requirements when shopping for a new mattress. The Awara, however, is only decent at absorbing motion. The plush euro top does well at absorbing some movements, but the natural latex layer has spring back capabilities, so it's pretty bouncy.
While it's only sub-par on motion isolation, it still could be a great choice for couples, as the high-quality coil base provides incredibly sturdy edge-support. You and your partner can use the entire mattress surface, sleep and sit on the edge, without feeling like you're going to fall off.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The Awara Latex Hybrid Mattress is compatible with a wide range of bed frames, including:
- Platform Beds
- Slatted Base (given the slats are no more than 3" apart)
- Adjustable Base
- Box Spring
Awara is so confident in their mattress it's backed by an outstanding 365-night trial and Forever Warranty™.
Sleep on the Awara mattress for an entire year, and if you aren't completely satisfied, you can return it for free—Awara even works with you to get your mattress locally donated or disposed.
Their Forever Warranty™ guarantees for as long as you own your Awara mattress, it's covered against any defects such as sagging or structural breakdowns. Awara replaces or repairs your mattress at no cost.
Why Buy Awara Mattress?
- You're a larger individual. The Awara Mattress features a thick layer (9" tall) of pocketed coils and naturally resistant latex. This combination provides stability and strength enough to withstand a greater amount of weight.
- You get your money's worth. While the Awara Latex Hybrid mattress may be quite the investment, it's made with sturdy materials that are known for their longevity. Plus, it's backed by their unprecedented Forever Warranty™. This may very well be the last bed you may ever need to buy.
- You want to sleep safe. The Awara Mattress is made with natural, organic materials free of any harsh chemicals or toxins. It's guaranteed safe for you and even your children.
Why Avoid Awara Mattress?
- You prefer to sleep "in" the mattress rather than "on top." Latex is quick to spring back, which is great for easier mobility about the bed, however it's not ideal for cradling sore pressure points. If you want your mattress to contour around your body and allow you to slowly "sink-in," opt for a memory foam mattress instead. A great alternative is the Loom & Leaf by Saatva. It's made from ultra-premium memory foam and gives you a luxuriously cradled sleep you're after.
The Awara mattress is a great choice if you want an eco-friendly, extra supportive bed. This mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get $300 off the Awara mattress, today!