Crafted by a brand with over 150 years in the mattress industry, the BeautyRest Black Hybrid combines the best of memory foam and advanced coil technology for the ultimate blend of comfort and support. Sleep comfortably cool with BlackICE temperature control features, while pressure points are relieved by layers of sumptuous memory foam and the T3 innovative coil system.
Pick the BeautyRest Black Hybrid if...
- You like to sleep cool. If you find yourself overheating in the middle of the night, The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is a great choice. This mattress features BlackICE technology, which includes a cool-to-the-touch cover as well as heat dissipating layers just below the surface.
- You sleep with a partner. Do you wake up during the night because of sudden movements coming from the other side of the bed? With the Black Hybrid, you'll be able to sleep through any disruptive movement. The innovative Pocketed Coil system features three steel strands wound into one coil to absorb energy and reduce motion transfer for a sounder sleep all night.
- You need targeted pressure relief. The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is an excellent sleep solution for sore shoulders, tight hips, and a tired back. Memory foam cradles pressure points, while the innovative coil system provides the support your back needs for a rejuvenating sleep.
Seek alternatives to the BeautyRest Black Hybrid if...
- You're looking for a traditional innerspring model. While the Black Hybrid is exceptional, it's anything but traditional. If you're not a fan of memory foam, and would rather feel more "on" than "in" your mattress, this model may not be the on for you.
- You're not prepared for a luxury price tag. BeautyRest mattresses aren't the most expensive on the market, but they certainly aren't the least expensive. With quality comes a higher price. Competitor brands offer hybrid models with comparable features for considerably less, so if you're trying to save, you may want to consider other options such as Saatva. The Saatva Classic is a luxury hybrid innerspring that costs nearly half as much as the BeautyRest Black Hybrid.
The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is available at a medium firmness level at no added cost. You can upgrade to X-Class Plush for $200, or X-Class Ultra Plush, which delivers added comfort and pressure relief, for $800. Here's a breakdown of all three firmness levels:
- Ultra Plush: This firmness level is optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, Ultra Plush caters to this preference.
- Plush: Slightly firmer than Ultra Plush, this firmness level gives slightly more support while still remaining ideal for side only or combination sleepers.
- Medium: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Luxury firm provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment.
Construction & Design
- The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is 13.5" high.
- Cool-to-the-touch Cover: This temperature regulating mattress cover creates a cooling sensation and promotes breathability.
- RightTemp Memory Foam: This memory foam layer pulls excess heat away from your body while providing cradling pressure relief.
- BeautyRest Gel Memory Foam: This 2" layer provides deeper pressure relief and body contouring for an ultra comfortable sleep.
- T3 Pocketed Coil Technology: Each coil in this system is made from three wound strands of steel for reinforced support and resilience. The system isolates motion by absorbing energy and providing targeted support from individual coils.
- BeautyEdge: High Density foam encases the mattress for edge support, which increases usable surface area and prevents mattress sagging.
The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is exceptional at motion isolation, due to its combined memory foam layers and T3 coil system. The memory foam layers help neutralize motion across the bed's surface, while the T3 coil system absorbs any motion transfer, leaving the other side of the bed undisturbed. For these reasons, this bed is a great choice for couples!
The BeautyRest Black Hybrid performs relatively well at providing edge support. While its edges aren't reinforced with a steel border or compact coils, it does feature a high density foam encasement, which ensures that all of the bed's surface area is usable space. This makes the bed seem larger (also great for couples). Additionally, the edge support foam prevents future sagging and roll-off.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is compatible with most box springs and foundations, but is designed to work well with any of BeautyRest's adjustable bases as well.
All BeautyRest Beds are delivered with their complimentary white glove delivery service, where you'll be able to schedule your delivery date, have your new mattress set up, and your old mattress conveniently removed. BeautyRest provides an 100-night sleep trial. If you decide you want to return it in this time, BeautyRest will pick up your mattress and return your money promptly. The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is protected by a 10-year warranty.
Why Buy the BeautyRest Black Hybrid?
- You don't want to set up your mattress yourself. When purchasing from BeautyRest, you'll never have to worry about setting up your new mattress, or even removing your old mattress. They provide this service for free upon delivery!
- You want the best of foam and springs. Have you been weighing the benefits of foam and springs, and your torn about your decision? With a high quality hybrid like the Black Hybrid, you don't have to decide. This mattress delivers the best benefits from both for optimized comfort and support.
- You need a sleep trial to decide. While sleep trials are commonly available through online retailers, this added bonus isn't always a given. If you need a sleep trial to make sure you've made the right choice, trying out the Black Hybrid is worth a shot.
Why Avoid the BeautyRest Black Hyrbrid?
- You're looking for something eco-friendly. While this mattress is made with CertiPUR-US certified foams, it's not an environmentally friendly purchase. In this case, you may want to opt for the Zenhaven by Saatva. It's made with 100% natural Talalay Latex, which isn't only healthier for you, it's a sustainable material great for the planet!
- You prefer the sinking feeling of traditional memory foam. The Black Hybrid includes substantial memory foam layers, but its reinforced T3 coil system will provide more bounce than a traditional memory foam mattress would, preventing that traditional "sinking" feeling. If it's this you're after, the Black Hybrid isn't the best choice. A great alternative is the Loom & Leaf by Saatva. It's a luxury mattress built with ultra-premium memory foam at an affordable price.
The BeautyRest Black Hybrid is a quality purchase if you want the best of foam and coil technology. This mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get the BeautyRest Black Hybrid at a great price, today!