Eight Sleep has created a mattress with built-in AI cooling technology that regulates your temperature as you sleep. The Pod features dense foam layers, heating and cooling capabilities on both sides of the bed, and sleep tracking technology. If you're interested in a smart bed, look no further than the Eight Sleep Pod.
Pick Eight Sleep Pod if...
- You want a mattress with built-in temperature regulation. Whether you're a hot sleeper or you tend to stay cold, the Eight Sleep Pod's hydro-cooling technology can adjust to any temperature you desire. Each side of the bed can be set to any temperature between 55-110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You want to track your sleep hygiene. The Eight Sleep Pod app gives you information such as how long you slept, time spent in deep sleep, REM, and HRV monitoring. This app also lets you set the bed's temperature remotely.
- You're ready to experience smart bed technology. The Eight Sleep Pod is world's away from a traditional mattress. It features AI-powered cooling capabilities and Seamless Sensing Technology which tracks your sleep patterns and intuitively adjusts overtime to suit your needs.
Seek alternatives to Eight Sleep Pod if...
- You're not tech savvy. This mattress is jam-packed with innovative specs and features, but it does require extra equipment and know-how. If you aren't particularly comfortable with operating mobile apps, remotes, and the cooling Hub, the Eight Sleep Pod isn't the right choice for you. Seek a more traditional brand like Saatva.
Eight Sleep's all-foam Pod is about a 5.5-6/10 on the firmness scale, making this mattress suitable for any sleep style— especially friendly to side and combination sleepers. Several CertiPUR foam layers ensure that the Pod contours to the curves of your body while still providing adequate pressure support.
Construction & Design
- Eight Sleep's Pod is 11" tall.
- Active Grid Cooling Technology: The Pod's top Active Grid layer is flexible and contours to your body for maximum pressure relief. The Grid uses water to facilitate absorption and removal of up to 20W of heat from the bed.
- Seamless Sensing Technology: The proprietary Sensing Technology includes multiple sensors like piezo films, ballistocardiographs, and temperature sensors that sense the bed and your environment. It detects your heart beats and breathing patterns to track your sleep to continuously adjust temperature to your personal needs.
- Water Powered Hub: The Pod's Hub delivers temperature-regulated water to each side of the active grid, depending on what each sleeper's needs are. Its thermo-electric cooling elements in conjunction with a Heat Sink and two premium cooling fans are so silent enough that you'll sleep undisturbed.
- Intelligent SmartTemp AI: Perhaps the Pod's most advanced technological feature, the SmartTemp AI makes predictions on what what you need while you sleep; deriving information from your sleep patterns. This tech is the Pod's key to making fine-tuned temperature adjustments while you sleep.
- Eight Sleep App: The Eight Sleep Pod App is the key to this mattress's extra features, like GentleWake alarm technology, your daily sleep fitness score, dual-zoned temperature controls, and tracking your sleep analytics and trends.
This all-foam mattress performs exceptionally well at isolating motion. The different foam construction absorbs motion and prevents it from transferring throughout the entire mattress surface. A great option for couples, especially for those with an active sleep partner.
However, the all-foam construction doesn't provide ample edge support. If you like to sit or sleep near the edge of the bed, you're going to experience some collapse. If this is an important feature for you, we recommend the Saatva Classic mattress. It's built with Dual-Edge perimeter support for unparalleled stability.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The Eight Sleep Pod works with a variety of bed frames, including:
- Slatted Base
- Box Spring
- Platform Bed
Eight Sleep, however, does warn against using with an adjustable base.
Eight Sleep provides a 100-night sleep trial. If you aren't satisfied with the Pod, you can return it for a full refund within this trial period. The Eight Sleep Pod ships free within the 48 contiguous United States, and is backed by a 10-year warranty.
Why Buy Eight Sleep Pod?
- It's great for couples. Not only does it perform well at reducing motion transfer, the temperature control feature is independent on each side of the bed. If you sleep hot and your partner cold—no problem! You each can set it to your ideal temperature without compromise.
- You're a hot sleeper. With the Active Grid, Power Hub, and SmartTemp AI all working to optimize your sleep temperature continually, The Pod is sure to provide and cool and comfortable sleep night after night. It's the only bed on the market that can go as low as 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It provides you with valuable sleep insights. Whether you have a history of not being able to fall or stay asleep, this mattress tracks your sleep to give you daily health checks. Not only that, it gradually adjusts to help improve your sleep without any effort on your part.
Why Avoid Eight Sleep Pod?
- You prefer a traditional memory foam bed. If all the bells and whistles of the latest in sleep technology isn't appealing to you, then skip this mattress. A great alternative is the Loom & Leaf by Saatva. It's a luxury mattress built with ultra-premium memory foam (and costs nearly half as much as the Eight Sleep Pod!). No technical know-how required.
Eight Sleep is an excellent brand if you want smart sleep technology at a great price. Their mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get $300 off Eight Sleep, today!