For over a century, Englander has been handcrafting simple and affordable mattresses 100% in the USA. Their beds are eco-friendly, containing 100% natural and sustainable Talalay latex and recycled steel coils to make their innersprings. If you're a fan of latex beds, Englander Mattress is worth considering.
Pick Englander Mattress if...
- You prefer a latex a mattress. All Englander mattresses are constructed with 100% natural Talalay latex. If you enjoy the bounciness and hypoallergenic properties of latex, this brand is a great choice.
- You appreciate a handcrafted touch. For over a century, Englander has been making mattresses by hand using skilled craftsman. If you want a mattress with a touch of artisanal quality, Englander is worth considering.
- You're a hot sleeper. Englander's Dreamer® Collection is built with their exclusive 3° Open Air Layer that sleeps 3° cooler than traditional foam beds.
Seek alternatives to Englander Mattress if...
- You want a memory foam mattress. If you love the slow-responsiveness of memory foam and prefer this style bed, Englander isn't the right choice. They don't offer this type of mattress. Instead, you should opt for the Loom & Leaf. It's a luxury mattress constructed with ultra-premium memory foam.
- You prefer to shop online. Englander only sells their mattresses through third-party retailers. If you want an exclusively online-only shopping experience, consider other brands such as Saatva. Not only can you buy a mattress directly from their website, they provide free white glove delivery and setup!
Englander makes several hybrid style mattresses with different comfort levels.
- Elect™: Has a firm feel, ranking 8/10 on the firmness scale.
- Elation™: Has a medium feel, ranking 6/10 on the firmness scale.
- Echelon™: Has a plush feel, ranking 4/10 on the firmness scale.
Construction & Design
- Englander mattresses vary in height from 12" to 17".
- Cover: Made with organic cotton, it naturally sleeps cooler and allows the mattress to breathe.
- Talalay Latex: Made from rubber trees, it provides a lifted feeling for superior pressure relief. It also sleeps cooler and has a quick spring-back response that allows you to move about the bed easily.
- Memory Foam: A thin memory foam transition layer allows you to be gently cradled for additional comfort.
- 3° Open Air: Tiny microcoils create air channels in the center of the mattress for additional cooling capabilities.
- Pocketed coils: Individually wrapped pocketed coils provide a sturdy base for the mattress. In addition, they provide excellent edge support and allow air to flow freely in between springs.
If you're looking for a mattress with virtually no motion transfer, Englander isn't the best option. A layer of memory foam and pocketed coils in some of their mattresses reduces motion transfer, but the bouncy nature of latex doesn't absorb movement as well as foam does.
However, the hybrid mattresses are a great option for sex. The latex provides bounce, while the layer of pocketed coils provide lift and durability.
Because of the fabric-encased innersprings, each Englander mattress performs pretty well on edge support. It resists sagging and collapse when sitting or lying on the perimeters of the bed.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Englander mattresses are compatible with a wide range of bed frames, including:
- Slatted Bases (provided the slats are no more than 3" apart)
Because Englander mattresses are sold exclusively through authorized third-party resellers, the shipping time, return policy and warranty are subject to each individual retailer.
Why Buy Englander Mattress?
- You'll never feel "stuck." Some mattress materials allow you to sink too far into the mattress. This makes switching positions or even getting out of bed difficult. However, latex has a natural spring-back response. This makes any Englander bed easy to move about.
- Their mattresses are good for you and the environment. All Englander latex foams are Oeko-Tex certified, making them safe for you and your family. In addition, the innersprings are made of 95% recycled steel—great for the planet!
- They don't trap heat. A lot of beds out there don't have a way for body heat to escape, leaving you sleeping uncomfortably hot. With Englander, their beds are built with innersprings, microcoils, and naturally breathable latex which allow heat to escape efficiently.
Why Avoid Englander Mattress?
- You aren't a fan of latex. Unfortunately, if you don't like the feel of latex, you're out of luck. This material is used in every single Englander mattress. You should seek out alternative brands with more options such as Saatva. They have beds with ultra-premium memory foam, organic cotton, and durable innersprings.
Englander is a good choice if you want a supportive mattress built with eco-friendly latex. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get a great deal on Englander, today!