Essentia has created the world's only natural memory foam. Derived from latex, it has the pressure relieving qualities of memory foam, but is much healthier for you and the planet. Essentia is GOLS and GOTS certified. You can try an Essentia mattress for 120-nights risk-free, today!
Pick Essentia Mattress if...
- You sleep hot. Essentia mattresses are designed to sleep 3° cooler than traditional memory foam beds. With natural memory foam, latex, and a heat-repelling organic cotton cover, air is allowed to circulate efficiently throughout the night.
- You support eco-friendly initiatives. Essentia utilizes all-natural, certified organic materials in their mattresses. Free of harsh chemicals and toxins, these beds are good for you and the environment.
- You like variety. Essentia offers 9 different models across 3 different categories. They understand that a mattress isn't "one-size-fits-all."
Seek alternatives to Essentia Mattress if...
- You need extra support. All Essentia mattresses are made of varying layers of natural memory foam and latex. However, if you prefer the lift and durability that coils provide, Essentia doesn't offer this type of bed. You'd do much better on the Saatva Classic mattress. It's a luxury hybrid innerspring that's incredibly strong and comfortable.
- You're on a budget. Essentia upholds the strictest eco-conscious manufacturing standards and use only high-quality materials. These combined equate to a higher price tag. If you're looking for a luxury brand with budget-friendly prices, Saatva is a great alternative. Their mattresses are made with high-quality materials, but cost at least $1,000 less than Essentia.
Essentia offers nine mattresses across three categories—all with different firmness levels.
- Tatami: With a 1" natural memory foam layer it's a fairly firm mattress, ranking 7/10 on the firmness scale.
- Tatami Hybrid: With a 1.5" natural memory foam layer, it's slightly more plush than the Tatami. It ranks a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Stratami: Essentia's only all-latex mattress, it has a medium-firm feel, ranking 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Classic 8: With a 2" natural memory foam layer, it has a medium-firm feel, ranking 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Energie Opus: With a 3" natural memory foam layer, it has a medium feel, ranking 5.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Eluxe: With a 4" natural memory foam layer, it's relatively soft. It ranks a 5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Beausommet: Features a 2" molded natural foam layer atop a 1" comfort layer and 5" support core. It has a medium-firm feel, ranking 6/10 on the firmness scale.
- Dormeuse: Similar to the Beausommet it has a 2" comfort layer. It has a medium-soft feel, ranking 4.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Dormeuse Fior: With 5" of natural memory foam, it has a plush feel. It ranks 4/10 on the firmness scale.
Construction & Design
- All Essentia beds stand 8" tall. The Wholebody Collection models do have a 10" option for an additional price.
- Cover: Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton cover features a full zip, making it easy to remove and wash.
- Natural Memory Foam: Patented as the world's only natural memory foam, it's a mix of hevea milk (sap from the rubber tree), organic essential oils, and natural plant extracts. It sleeps cooler and reacts faster than traditional memory foam.
- Natural Hevea Latex Support Foam: Dunlop Latex made from hevea milk (sap from rubber tree) is known for its durability, support qualities, and purity. It's used as a base for most of Essentia's mattresses.
All Essentia mattresses perform incredibly well at isolating motion. The layers of natural memory foam and natural hevea latex absorb movement and prevent it from transferring through the entire mattress surface. In addition, the natural bounciness and quick responsiveness of latex, lend itself well to sex. With these two points, Essentia is a great choice for couples.
However, edge support leaves something to be desired. The natural latex layers provide stability and spring back fairly quickly. However, they don't have the most secure feeling. If you like to sit or lie on the edge of your bed for extended periods of time, you'll likely feel some slight collapse. If edge support is an important feature for you, consider the Saatva Classic mattress as it's built with a Dual Perimeter edge support system for unprecedented stability.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Essentia mattresses are compatible with a wide variety of bed frames, including:
- Platform Beds
- Slatted Bases (given the slats are no more than 3" apart)
- Adjustable Bases
Essentia provides free shipping and returns to the US and Canada. You can try an Essentia mattress for 120-days, risk-free. They're also backed by a 20-year warranty.
Why Buy Essentia Mattress?
- You have allergies. Essentia mattresses contain latex. While latex is an allergen to some, the latex they use doesn't contain latex proteins that trigger allergies. Latex is also natural hypoallergenic, resisting dust mites and dander.
- You have back pain. Each Essentia mattress provides varying levels of contouring, from mid-contour to deep-contour. This allows the mattress to adjust to your spine's natural curve to alleviate back pain.
- You want a healthier sleep. Essentia mattresses are manufactured in their GOLS and GOTS certified organic factory. They guarantee their mattresses never contain any harsh chemicals or toxins.
Why Avoid Essentia Mattress?
- You want a thick mattress. All Essential mattresses are 8" tall. While they do have an option to upgrade to 10", it costs an additional $800! If you want a thicker mattress, like one 12" or higher, you're going to have to find alternatives. A good example is Saatva. They offers several models that are 11.5" or taller (and don't incur an extra charge!)
Essentia is a great choice if you want a certified organic, all natural latex and foam mattress that sleeps cool and clean. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get a great deal on Essentia, today!