Ikea is one of the leading home furnishing retailers in the world. While they make items for nearly every room in your home, it should be no surprise that they also have their own mattress line. The Haugesund is one of their most popular innerspring models. It features a base of individually wrapped coils and is available in both firm and medium-firm feels. With Ikea's Love It or Exchange It policy, you can try the Haugesund Mattress for 1-full year, risk-free.
Pick Haugesund Mattress if...
- You want an innerspring mattress. Ikea's Haugesund mattress is built with individually wrapped pocketed coils. If you enjoy the lift and sturdiness that a coil base provides, this mattress is good option.
- You're on a budget. The Haugesund mattress is incredibly budget-friendly. You should expect to pay between $179-$399 depending on the size chosen.
- You want options. Not only does the Haugesund come in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes, but also two firmness levels. You can choose between a medium-firm and firm comfort level.
Seek alternatives to Haugesund Mattress if...
- You sleep predominately on your side. Side sleepers often need a softer mattress that works to cradle their hips and shoulders. The Haugesund doesn't offer a soft firmness option and side sleepers are bound to find this too firm for their comfort.
- You prefer an all-foam mattress. The Haugesund is an innerspring mattress. If you love the feel of memory foam, a great alternative is the Loom & Leaf by Saatva. It's a luxury mattress built with ultra-premium memory foam.
The Haugesund mattress comes in two different comfort levels. The firm model ranks 8/10 on the firmness scale. This is great for stomach sleepers who need a flat, sturdy supportive surface. The medium-firm option ranks 6.5/10. It's the better choice for back and combination sleepers as it provide sturdy support with a little more give than the firm model.
Construction & Design
- The Haugesund mattress is 10" tall.
- Cover: A combination of cotton and polyester make up this 0.5" thick breathable cover.
- Comfort Layer: 3.5" polyfoam comfort layer provides firm cushioning atop the coil base.
- Base Layer: The base of the mattress features 6" of individually wrapped pocket springs. They provide lift and firm support to keep your spine aligned all night long.
The Haugesund isn't the greatest at isolating motion, but for an innerspring mattress, it does pretty well. The response coils are individually wrapped to insulate movements. Unlike a traditional spring system, these coils move independently from one another. Motion on one side isn't necessarily felt on the other. However, because these are coils, you'll likely experience some bounce.
Because of the individually wrapped coils, the Haugesund performs fairly well on edge support. You're able to sit, lie, and use the entire mattress surface without worry of roll off or sag.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The Haugesund is compatible with multiple bed frames, including:
- Platform Beds
- Box Springs
- Slatted Bases (Given the slats aren't more than 3" apart)
Ikea does offer delivery service on their mattresses, including the Haugesund for a flat rate of $49. You may return your mattress within 365 days, with proof of purchase, for a full refund. It's backed by a 25-year limited warranty.
Why Buy Haugesund Mattress?
- It's simple and straightforward. No complicated technology or modern systems, the Haugesund is built with a simple 2-layered design perfect for those who don't require a more advanced mattress. It's a great option for children, teens, and even your guest room.
- You sleep on your stomach. The Haugesund in a firm feel prevents your hips from sinking too far into the mattress, guaranteeing proper spinal alignment all night long. Stomach sleepers are going to find this comfortable night after night.
- It's inexpensive. Buying a mattress can be quite a hefty investment, but the Haugesund rings in at a fraction of the cost of other nationally known brands. It's a comfortable mattress that won't break the bank.
Why Avoid Haugesund Mattress?
- Comfort layers are lacking. If you're a heavier individual who needs extra support, or just prefer a softer feeling mattress, the Haugesund isn't a suitable mattress for you. It doesn't come with many comfort layers like with other innerspring beds. In this case, if you still want an innerspring mattress that's softer and more supportive, you're going to do much better on the Saatva Classic luxury hybrid innerspring.
Ikea's Haugesund is an ideal choice if you want a simple, yet quality firm mattress at an affordable price. You can get a great deal on the Haugesund, today!