Indigo takes a unique approach in the way they design and construct their mattresses. The comfort layers inside each of their beds are interchangeable so that you can completely customize the feel of your bed. Their also replaceable, saving you money in the long-run and reducing mattress landfill waste. You can try an Indigo mattress for 50-nights risk-free, today!
Pick Indigo Mattress if...
- You need a mattress with flexibility. Some nights you require a softer mattress and others you need something a little firmer. With Indigo's "2 Bed Feel" technology, you can interchange the comfort layers inside your mattress to create your ideal comfort level.
- You sleep with a partner. All Indigo's mattresses (Queen size and up) include their dual firmness option. This means you and your partner can choose your own firmness level on each side of the bed.
- You want a mattress that lasts a lifetime. Typical mattresses wear out and need to be replaced after about 7-10 years. However, Indigo gives you the option to replace the comfort layers inside your mattress for a reduced price. Not only do you never have to buy an entirely new mattress ever again, it significantly reduces mattress waste in landfills. Win-win!
Seek alternatives to Indigo Mattress if...
- You prefer an innerspring mattress. All Indigo mattresses are made with memory foam and latex. If you need more support and prefer a coil base, opt for the Saatva Classic mattress. It's a luxury hybrid innerspring mattress that withstands all body types and sizes. Plus, it includes built-in lumbar support to keep your spine properly aligned.
- You need a long sleep trial. Indigo mattresses come with a fairly short trial period of 50 nights. If you're indecisive or need more time to decide whether this mattress is a good fit for you, you might want to consider other brands such as Saatva; they include a 180-night trial.
One of the more unique selling points of an Indigo mattress is its "2 Bed Feel." You can choose between a firm, soft, or a mixed soft/firm comfort level. These comfort layers are flippable so you can switch between a softer or firmer feel whenever you desire.
- Stomach sleepers: If you sleep on your stomach, you're going to want a firmer feel so that your hips don't sink too far down into the mattress throwing your spine out of alignment.
- Back sleepers: Back sleepers often need some cushion for pressure relief, but also a firm surface to keep the spine in alignment. With this in mind, if you sleep on your back, you're going to want to choose the mixed comfort level.
- Side sleepers: Side sleepers put a majority of their weight on their shoulders and hips. A plush feeling is going to work best for this sleeping position as it allows those areas of the body to sink into the mattress and be cradled. Side sleepers are going to fair well on the soft comfort level option.
Construction & Design
- Each Indigo mattress is 10" thick.
- Cover: The cover is made of rayon and para-aramid fibers that remain temperature neutral. The cover is removable for easy cleaning.
- Comfort Layers: The Comfort Always® model has a layer of soft foam/medium gel memory foam (soft option), firm foam/firmer gel memory foam (firm option). The Attain® model also comes in a soft and firm option and is a combination of gel memory foam and all-natural latex. The Attain® Ultimate model's comfort layers are constructed with all-natural latex.
- Support Layer: Each model contains a 6" dense foam layer that creates a stable, sturdy base for the entire mattress.
Memory foam is well-known to be one of the best materials at isolating motion. Indigo's Comfort Always® model does an excellent job at having little to no motion transfer due to its all memory foam comfort layer construction. The Attain® and Attain® Ultimate also do a very good job at reducing motion transfer. The latex component in these two, though, means you're likely to feel some bounce.
As for edge support, the firm base foam layer does uphold fairly well for an all-foam mattress. While you can feel some collapse when sitting or lying on the edge for extended periods of time, you won't feel as if you're going to roll off. But if you tend to sleep near the edge of your bed, you may want more security. Check out the Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress as it's built with a Quantum-Edge Coil Unit for unprecedented edge support.
Bed Frame Compatibility
According to Indigo, their mattresses work best with a solid or slatted platform base. However, they can also fair well with a standard or adjustable frame. It's worth noting that a box spring isn't recommended as the springs can damage the memory foam and latex comfort layers overtime.
Indigo provides all customers with a 50-night sleep trial. If you aren't satisfied with your mattress, you may return or exchange it, however you can't initiate a return during the first 30 days of your trial (Indigo's required adjustment period). Shipping and returns are always free. The Indigo support layer is covered by a 10-year warranty, the comfort layer by a 5-year warranty, and mattress cover by a 2-year warranty.
Why Buy Indigo Mattress?
- You're an eco-conscious consumer. Indigo is committed to reducing mattress waste in landfills. That's why they've created the comfort layer low-cost replacement option. This allows you to keep your mattress for the rest of your life, only replacing the comfort layers inside on an as-needed basis.
- You and your partner have different sleep needs. If you prefer a softer mattress and your partner a firm, mattress shopping can be a difficult task. With Indigo's dual firmness feature, you both can have the bed you want.
- Their mattresses are incredibly versatile. With most mattresses, you get the same feel night after night. With Indigo, you can open up your mattress and rearrange the comfort layers to make the bed firmer or softer depending on your needs.
Why Avoid Indigo Mattress?
- You need extra support. While these mattresses do come with a firm option, larger individuals and those with back problems may need something more supportive than the memory foam and latex beds offered. If you need a bed with stability, you might want to consider Saatva. They offer all types of beds built with reinforced edges and spinal zone technology to properly keep your spine aligned all night long.
Indigo is a perfect choice if you want a mattress that's truly customizable to your individual needs. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get $100 off Indigo, today!