Jamestown Mattress is an all-American mattress brand that provides high quality sleep solutions at competitive price points. Each mattress is made with high quality foams, latex, and encased coil systems that cater to various sleep styles. Plus, you can customize your own mattress down to each layer of construction and size.
Pick Jamestown Mattress if...
- You want a custom, made-to-order mattress. Jamestown offers a custom, made-to-order mattress option that allows you to choose each mattress layer and firmness level. If you're looking for a perfect fit, Jamestown is a great choice.
- You want a large variety of mattress options. Jamestown offers three different mattress series with about a dozen models in each series. Each mattress targets different sleep needs and preferences, so you're bound to find something you like.
- You want an all-natural product. Jamestown makes their mattresses with 100% natural latex and organic cotton for a cleaner, greener sleep.
Seek alternatives to Jamestown Mattress if...
- You want to sleep cool. While many of their latex mattresses are naturally cooler than foam, Jamestown doesn't provide any patented cooling technologies, like many other competing brands do. If you need extra temperature control, Jamestown may not be the right fit. Instead consider the Zenhaven mattress by Saatva. It's made with 100% pure Talalay Latex, organic cotton and wool—materials that are naturally breathable for an exceptionally cool sleep.
- You need to buy your mattress online. With the exception of Jamestown's custom mattresses, you'll have to contact Jamestown to place a mattress order instead of simply hitting the checkout button. If you're looking for easy online purchasing, Jamestown isn't the best choice. Brands like Saatva and Loom & Leaf may be the better choice.
Jamestown has three different mattress series that each include upwards of 10 mattresses. Each model has its own firmness level to suit a wide range of sleep styles. Firmnesses range from Plush to Extra Firm.
- Plush: This firmness level is optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, Plush caters to this preference.
- Medium Firm: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Medium firm provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment.
- Firm: Firm is best for back and stomach sleepers who still want a mattress that provides adequate give and responsiveness.
- Extra Firm: Extra Firm models provide superior support and weight distribution, optimal for stomach sleepers. You'll feel more "on" than "in" this mattress.
Construction & Design
- Jamestown mattresses range from 8" to 14" high.
- Jamestown creates a range of all foam/latex and hybrid models.
- Bronze Collection: This collection offers a wide range of high-quality foam and hybrid models with different firmness levels. Each mattress features a fire retardant cover, and the hybrid models are designed to limit motion transfer, and have reinforced metal edges.
- Silver Collection: The Silver collection offers slightly elevated quality in their all foam and hybrid models. These models feature gel memory foam layers, an upgraded coil system for better support, wider size ranges, firmnesses, and pillow top options.
- Gold Collection: As Jamestown's most luxurious collection, the Gold Collection features thicker all-foam/latex models with more advanced support and comfort technologies, and hybrid models have a higher coil count for added pressure relief where you need it most.
Almost every Jamestown mattress is constructed to minimize motion transfer, as their latex layers are especially good at motion isolation. Jamestown's firmer and all foam mattresses with high-density cores perform the best in this respect. Jamestown's Majestic Dream model from their Gold Collection is especially good at motion isolation due to its reinforces high density core and edges, zoned encased coil system, and firmer feel.
Jamestown mattresses perform just as well in the edge support department. Most foam models are constructed with a high density foam edge system, and all hybrids have reinforced metal edge support systems to maximize the mattress's size while minimizing any sagging or roll-off.
Bed Frame Compatibility
While Jamestown mattresses are compatible with solid platform or boxspring frames, they do create heavy-duty, wooden box spring foundations for each of their models to optimize the mattress's comfort and support. This is a great option if your bed frame is worn out, or if you simply don't have one.
Jamestown offers free shipping anywhere in the continental US. Mattresses are typically shipped in 7 days. Returns are only accepted if the mattress is unopened, and the return must be made within 14 days, at the customer's expense. Warranty ranges from 5-10 years, depending on the mattress.
Why Buy Jamestown Mattress?
- You need back pain relief. Many of Jamestown's mattress models from each of their series offer orthopedic back relief coil systems that provide targeted support to your lumbar region. These models are available in a variety of firmnesses, so you can get the support you need with the comfort level you want.
- You want a quality mattress for less. Jamestown claims that by cutting out the middle man, they're able to sell their mattresses for 20% to 60% less than competing mattress brands. If you're looking to save money on a quality mattress, Jamestown delivers.
- You need a custom mattress for your boat, truck, etc. If you're on the hunt for a new mattress with an unusual size, Jamestown can create custom sized mattresses and box springs to suit your needs.
Why Avoid Jamestown Mattress?
- You need a sleep trial period. Each Jamestown mattress includes a warranty specific to your purchase, but they don't include a sleep trial. If you think you'll need several nights to decide whether your mattress is a good fit, try Saatva. They offer a full 180-night risk-free trial for each of their mattresses.
- You don't want to "assemble" your mattress once it's delivered. Instead of compressing your mattress, Jamestown sends the layers of latex foam and the zipper casing for you to assemble on your own. If you don't like this DIY assembly method, Jamestown isn't a great fit.
Jamestown is an awesome choice if you want quality mattress customization. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get a great price at Jamestown today!