The King Koil air mattress has significantly greater support than most other air mattresses. This comes thanks to its coil-beam construction, which allows for more even weight distribution. It can support up to 600 pounds, making it a great bed for a guest room or on a camping trip.
Pick King Koil Air Mattress if...
- You need something for a guest room. You may have friends or family members over once in a while. You don't want to put them on the couch, but you can offer them a high-quality air mattress that's comfortable enough for a few nights.
- You don't want to spend a lot of money. Air mattresses cost significantly less than memory foam, latex, and hybrid mattresses. Even a superior air mattress from King Koil costs a fraction of what you find elsewhere.
- You want a mattress that doesn't move around. The King Koil air mattress boasts a skid-free bottom. Since most air mattresses go on the ground, you can ensure it stays in one place. It's a nifty feature for individuals who are prone to moving around a lot in their sleep.
Seek alternatives to King Koil Air Mattress if...
- You want a permanent mattress. Air mattresses are fine to sleep on every once in a while. However, most sleep experts do not recommend sleeping on them all of the time. It could lead to certain issues with your posture. You need more support in your nightly sleep. For a mattress that's going to last, consider Saatva. They make high-quality, durable luxury mattresses for all sleeper types.
The King Koil air mattress comes with a built-in pump. Whether you get a twin or king mattress, you can have it filled up in no time. At full capacity, it's an incredibly firm mattress, which is preferable for people who sleep on their stomachs and backs. It comes with state-of-the-art coils that help maintain the bed's firmness over time.
Construction & Design
- No matter what size mattress you get, the height remains the same at 20 inches.
- This King Koil bed offers greater support than other air mattresses due to its coil-beam construction. The coils allow the mattress to support a maximum weight of 600 pounds. And it allows for greater weight distribution for a more comfortable sleep.
- Waterproof Comforter: This mattress comes with an extra-thick waterproof comforter at the very top. It features a quilted design to provide you with better spinal support.
- Flocked Fabric: On the sides of this King Koil mattress, you find thick flocked durable fabric. This ensures the bed remains resistant to punctures. This is great if you decide to bring the mattress with you on a camping trip because you can rest easy knowing your bed is safe.
While the coil-beam construction offers greater support, it doesn't do a whole lot in terms of motion isolation. Air mattresses don't have the ability to absorb motion. If you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns frequently, opt for a memory foam or hybrid mattress instead like the Loom & Leaf or Saatva Classic luxury hybrid innerspring.
There's no real edge support on this mattress. There are no reinforcements outside of the coils. If you sit on the edge, then you're going to sink into the mattress significantly. Instead, consider the Saatva Classic mattress which has built-in Dual Perimeter System that prevents sagging and roll-off.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Air mattresses aren't really compatible with bed frames. The reason for this is that they tend to be a bit bulkier compared to mattresses of the same size made from different materials. You either need to get a special frame made for it or place it on the ground. It's not suitable for adjustable frames.
King Koil mattresses tend to ship to you in about 3 to 5 business days. Plus, your order comes with free shipping. And your mattress comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty to protect against any defects.
Why Buy King Koil Air Mattress?
- You need a more resilient air mattress. Air mattresses have been known to pop. And once it sustains damage, it's incredibly difficult to put it back together. The King Koil air mattress comes with a built-in air pump, waterproof quilt top, and elevated construction. It's a step above other air mattresses.
- You go camping a lot. When you go camping, you either need a sleeping bag or air mattress. When deflated, this King Koil mattress doesn't take up a lot of space, so you can easily pack it amongst your belongings. It keeps you off the forest floor, so you wake up feeling more refreshed than ever in the great outdoors. However, you do need to plug this mattress in to fill it up, so you need to have a generator with you.
- You want greater convenience. The built-in internal pump allows for easy deflation and inflation. In fact, you can have a full mattress in just under 2 minutes. You no longer have to blow manually, allowing you to keep it deflated most of the time and up-and-running for when you have guests over.
Why Avoid King Koil Air Mattress?
- You don't need multiple mattresses. An air mattress can't take the place of your normal bed. You should look into getting a regular memory foam or hybrid mattress, depending on how much support you need.
- You want a longer warranty. The warranty on this mattress lasts for 1 year, which pales in comparison to Saatva's 15-year warranty. For some people, that may not seem like a lot of time to really get to know your mattress. In some instances, you may only use the mattress a handful of times within the first year. However, King Koil stands behind its products and offers a helping hand whenever you need it.
The King Koil air mattress is a solid bed if you want superior support and puncture-proof construction. This mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get a great price on the King Koil air mattress today!