Part of Ikea's all-foam mattress collection, the Morgedal Mattress is made with dual layers of high-resilience foam that provides firm support. It's available in multiples sizes, features a removable (and washable) cover, and is incredibly affordable. With Ikea's Love It or Exchange It policy, you can try the Morgedal Mattress for 1-full year, risk-free.
Pick Morgedal Mattress if...
- You want an all-foam bed. This mattress is constructed with two layers of polyfoam aimed at providing pressure relief and contouring support. If you enjoy the slow-responsiveness of foam, this bed is worth consideration.
- You're on a budget. Ikea is known for their incredibly priced pieces of furniture, and their mattresses are no exception. The Morgedal mattress is incredibly affordable, priced between $179-$349 depending on the size.
- You love options. Not only does the Morgedal come in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes, but also two firmness levels. You can choose between a medium-firm and firm comfort level.
Seek alternatives to Morgedal Mattress if...
- You need extra support. The simple design is great for kids, teens and lightweight sleepers, but doesn't hold up very well to excess weight. It's less than 8" thick, so heavier-set individuals are going to find this too thin for comfort. In this case, we recommend a thicker mattress possibly with a coil base such as the Saatva Classic mattress. It's a luxury hybrid innerspring that's 11.5" thick and can withstand most body types and weights.
The Morgedal mattress comes in two different comfort levels. The firm model ranks about 8/10 on the firmness scale. This is great for stomach sleepers who need a flat, sturdy supportive surface. The medium-firm option ranks 6.5/10 on the firmness scale. It's the better choice for back and combination sleepers as it provide sturdy support with a little more give than the firm model.
Construction & Design
- The Morgedal stands approximately 7" tall.
- Cover: A combination of cotton, polyester, and rayon make up this breathable cover. It's also removable and machine washable, so your bed stays fresher, longer.
- Top Layer: High-resilient polyfoam provides great pressure-relieving capabilities allowing you to fully relax into the mattress.
- Base Layer: A thick layer of polyfoam provides stability for your body.
Foam is one of the best materials at absorbing movement. It's no surprise that the Morgedal does an excellent job at isolating motion. The dual foam layers absorb motion and prevent it from transferring throughout the entire mattress surface. If you have a very active sleep partner, this mattress ensures you aren't disturbed by their movements.
As for edge support, this mattress leaves a lot to be desired. The all-foam construction (plus slim profile) doesn't provide the sturdiest support. If you like to sit or sleep on the edge of your bed, you can expect to feel a slight collapse underneath you. If this is an important feature for you, a great alternative is the Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress. It comes with a Quantum-Edge Coil Unit. Three sturdy rows of individually wrapped coils provide unparalleled support around the bed's perimeters.
Bed Frame Compatibility
The Morgedal Mattress is compatible with both platform beds or a slatted base (provided the slats are no more than 3" apart.)
Ikea does offer delivery service on their mattresses, including the Morgedal for a flat rate of $49. You may return your mattress within 365 days, with proof of purchase, for a full refund. It's backed by a 25-year limited warranty.
Why Buy Morgedal Mattress?
- You're shopping for your child/teen. Younger kids tend to not require a more advanced mattress. The Morgedal's simple two-layered foam design works well for your toddlers, children, and teens.
- You sleep predominately on your stomach. The firm feel prevents your hips from sinking too far into the mattress, keeping your spine aligned so you can sleep comfortably.
- You want an affordable option for your guest room. If you're looking for an inexpensive mattress to furnish your infrequently used guest room, the Morgedal is a great option. It's budget-friendly, easy to setup, and the medium-firm feel is suitable for most sleeper types.
Why Avoid Morgedal Mattress?
- You're a side sleeper. The Morgedal Mattress isn't available in a plush feel. Side sleepers are going to find this bed way too firm for comfort. In this case, we recommend a softer alternative such as the Saatva Classic luxury hybrid innerspring mattress. It's comfortable, made with high-quality materials, and comes in a luxury plush feel, perfect for side sleepers.
Ikea's Morgedal Mattress is an ideal choice if you want a simple, firm all-foam mattress at an affordable price. You can get a great deal on the Morgedal, today!