Since 1918, Norwalk Mattress Company has been operating locally in the Norwalk, CT area. This family-owned business handcrafts mattresses and other bedding accessories using only the finest materials. Each bed is flippable, doubling the lifespan compared to other brands. If you want a bed made-to-order just for you, consider Norwalk Mattress Company for your next mattress.
Pick Norwalk Mattress Company if...
- You want a handcrafted mattress. At Norwalk Mattress Company, they utilize expert craftsman with years of experience to make each and every mattress by hand. This personal, hands-on business model guarantees that each mattress is built with the utmost precision and quality.
- You support local businesses. Norwalk Mattress Company has been making quality mattresses and boxsprings 100% in the USA since 1918.
- You want a mattress built for longevity. Unlike most companies that build their mattresses with only one side, Norwalk Mattress Company designs their beds with the ability to be flipped. This two-sided design doubles the mattress' lifespan.
Seek alternatives to Norwalk Mattress Company if...
- You're looking to shop online. If you want to purchase your mattress online and have it shipped to you, Norwalk Mattress Company isn't the right choice. They're a locally owned business that only sells in-store. Instead, opt for a mattress from Saatva. Not only can you shop directly on their website, they'll ship your mattress to you for free, including set-up!
- You're on a tight budget. Due to the made-to-order nature of their mattresses, they don't come cheap. If you can only afford to spend a couple hundred dollars on a new bed, this brand is out of this price range.
Norwalk Mattress Company offers several different mattress collections with varying comfort levels. These include:
- Plush: These mattresses have a soft, plush feel ranging between 3-4 on the firmness scale. They're a great choice for side sleepers as the mattress allows you to sink in, cradling your shoulders and hips for excellent pressure relief.
- Medium-Firm: These mattresses have a universal comfort level ideal for all sleeper types. They range from a 5-6 on the firmness scale.
- Firm: With a 7-8 on the firmness scale, these mattresses are best suited for back and stomach sleepers who enjoy sleeping on top of their bed rather than in it.
- Tranquility Sleep System: Exclusive to Norwalk Mattress Company, these beds allow you to customize and select the proper level of firmness on each side of the bed. This is a great choice for couples with different sleeping preferences.
Construction & Design
- Their mattresses range from 8" to 16" tall.
- They use high-quality materials such as cotton, wool, latex foam, and high-density foam.
- All of their mattresses are flippable. This means a longer mattress life, up to twice as long as other brands.
If you're looking for great motion isolation, their ultra foam mattresses are the perfect choice. They use the densest polyfoam available (2.6 density), which national brands don't use. This thick foam absorbs motion incredibly well, preventing movement from passing through the mattress surface.
Each Norwalk Mattress Company mattress is crafted with sturdy materials such as coil springs and Talalay Latex. This ensures the mattress won't sag or dip, even when laying or sitting on the edges of the bed.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Norwalk Mattress Company builds and designs their own mattresses and box springs. In this case, it's best to purchase both in order to get the most out of your bed.
Norwalk Mattress Company doesn't offer any information regarding their return policy and warranty period on their website. If you're looking for this information, it's best to contact them by phone, email, or schedule an appointment to visit their showroom.
Why Buy Norwalk Mattress Company?
- Their beds are made with only the highest quality materials. Sourcing the finest wool, cotton, high-density foam, and latex foam, their mattresses are not only breathable, they're incredibly durable.
- You want a personal touch. Unlike big brand names in the industry, Norwalk Mattress Company doesn't stock a warehouse full of ready-to-ship beds. Instead, each of their mattresses are made-to-order by hand using skilled craftsmen. They also offer options where you can delegate the firmness on each side of the bed!
- Their beds are flippable. Not many companies still do this and that's what makes Norwalk Mattress Company stand out. This unique design doubles the mattress' lifespan compared to traditional, one-sided mattresses.
Why Avoid Norwalk Mattress Company?
- You don't reside in Connecticut. This family-owned business has been a local staple in the Norwalk, CT community for decades. Unfortunately, they only sell their mattresses on location in their showroom and don't ship nationwide. If you're looking to purchase online and have your mattress shipped, opt for a Saatva mattress. They making buying easy, plus you get free white glove delivery and setup!
- You're not ready to make a sizable investment. Due to the quality of materials used and handcrafted nature of these beds, they aren't cheap. If you're not ready to spend close to $1000, you should consider alternative companies such as Saatva.
Norwalk Mattress Company is a good choice for those looking for handcrafted, long-lasting beds. You can get a great deal on a Norwalk Mattress Company bed, today!