Whether you're selecting from the Biltmore or Scott Living collection, Restonic's latex mattress options provide a buoyant, supportive, and comfortable sleep that lasts for years. Both mattresses are crafted using high-quality latex, patented Alumilast foam for durability and temperature control, as well as a comforting cool-to-the-touch cover.
Pick a Restonic Latex mattress if...
- You want to shop collections created or inspired by celebrities or prominent American figures. Each of Restonic's latex mattresses belong to one of two different collections inspired or created by household names in America. Their Scott Living latex mattress is made by none other than HGTV's Property Brothers, Drew and Jonathan Scott. Their Biltmore latex mattress is inspired by the luxurious Biltmore home, once owned by the historic Vanderbilt family.
- You want to sleep cool. Each Restonic latex mattress features aluminum infused, patented Alumilast material which retains a cooler and more comfortable sleep surface.
- You want an all-foam model without that classic sinking feeling. Despite having no coil system, latex foam provides an altogether different comfort feeling from traditional all-foam models. Latex is naturally denser than foam, therefore providing a firmer, more buoyant feel than memory foam does.
Seek alternatives to a Restonic Latex mattress if...
- You want to shop online, directly from Restonic. Unfortunately, you'll have to buy through a third party retailer, or purchase your latex mattress in store. Both of Restonic's latex mattress options aren't available for online purchase from their website. We recommend Saatva's Zenhaven model if you'd like to purchase a latex mattress online. The Zenhaven includes white glove delivery to your home and a generous 180-night sleep trial!
- You're allergic to latex. If you're allergic to latex, as many people are, then stay far away from Restonic's latex options!
Both of Restonic's latex mattresses are available from luxury firm to firm comfort levels, catering to a wide range of sleep preferences and positions. Here's a breakdown of each firmness level:
- Luxury Firm: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Luxury firm provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment. This is also the most popular comfort level of all Saatva mattresses.
- Firm: Firm models provide superior support and weight distribution, optimal for stomach sleepers. You'll feel more "on" than "in" this mattress.
Construction & Design
- Cooling Cover: Both the Scott Living and Biltmore latex mattress feature cool-to-the-touch covers which create a pleasantly cool sleep surface. These covers also promote breathability and are extra soft.
- Alumilast layer: The Alumilast proprietary foam layer enhances both latex mattress's comfort lives, making them more comforting for a longer period of time. Alumilast also creates an open-cell structure which promotes breathability, while aluminum acts as a temperature controlling agent in the foam.
- High-Quality Latex Support Core: Both the Scott Living and Biltmore latex mattress features a high quality, latex support core that provides naturally firmer, buoyant comfort. Latex supports the natural curvature of your spine and provides superior pressure relief. Plus, its hypoallergenic for a more hygienic sleep.
- Key Construction Difference: The Biltmore latex model provides a perforated Alumilast foam layer, while the Scott Living model doesn't, making the Biltmore model more breathable. Additionally, the Biltmore latex core is slightly thicker than the Scott Living core, so those who seek deep pressure relief should opt for the Biltmore model.
As a firm, all-foam model using buoyant and supportive latex, both the Scott Living and Biltmore latex models perform well at isolating motion. Both mattresses provide individualized, targeted comfort and support without disturbing the other side of the mattress, reducing motion transfer. Foam and latex layers work together to absorb energy generated by movement to further neutralize the bed's surface. Both the Scott Living latex model and the Biltmore latex model are great choices for couples!
Unfortunately, neither the Scott Living nor the Biltmore latex mattress have and edge support system, leaving these mattresses vulnerable to future sagging and that dreaded roll-off feeling. These mattresses are naturally firmer, which helps keep edges intact, but firmness isn't a substitute for edge support.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Restonic latex mattresses are compatible with any bed frame, as long as the frame is the correct size for the mattress. Avoid placing your mattress directly on the floor!
Both the Scott Living and Biltmore latex mattresses must be purchased in-store or online, through a third-party retailer, so shipping and return policies are entirely subject to that retailer. These mattresses do come with a 5-10 year warranty depending on the model.
Why Buy a Restonic Latex Mattress?
- You suffer from allergies. Restonic's latex mattresses are naturally more hygienic than memory foam, and the open cell Alumilast foam makes this mattress more breathable than competing models. Dust mites, pollen, pet dander, and other allergens will have a harder time clinging to Restonic's latex models.
- You need deep pressure relief. Both the Scott Living and Biltmore mattresses's latex core provide deep pressure relief by supporting the natural curvature of your spine. Your back won't feel forced into an unnatural alignment, and your weight won't make the foam layers cave. Both provide perfectly balanced, buoyant support and comfort.
- You enjoy a naturally firmer feel. Because of latex's naturally higher density compared to foam, it's a great choice for those who enjoy a firmer comfort level. Restonic's latex models are especially great for back or stomach sleepers, who need firm support.
Why Avoid a Restonic Latex Mattress?
- You need more firmness options. If you prefer a medium to ultra plush firmness level, neither of Restonic's latex mattress options are for you, as they'll likely be too firm.
- You need a sleep trial. Restonic offers no sleep trial with either of their latex models. If you need more time than a few hours in a showroom to make your decision, Restonic's latex mattresses may not be the right choice.
Restonic's latex mattresses are a great choice if you want buoyant, firm pressure relief. These mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get a Restonic Scott Living or Biltmore latex mattress for a great price, today!