Pick Scott Living Mattress if...
- You like options. The Scott Living Mattress collection includes something for everyone, as they offer 4 distinct model types: a hybrid, innerspring, memory foam, and latex model. This variety caters to a number of different sleep needs and preferences!
- You need temperature control. Each Scott Living mattress features a cooling mattress cover, designed to draw excess heat away from your body and promote airflow.
- You want zoned support. Both the Scott Living Hybrid and MicroCoil models feature Restonic's Q5 twin support coil system, which provides 5 targeted support zones for optimal spinal alignment. This feature is great for back pain and pressure relief.
Seek alternatives to Scott Living Mattress if...
- You want to buy your mattress online, directly from Scott Living. Unfortunately, Scott Living only has one shippable mattress option, which greatly reduces your choices when buying online. Otherwise, you'll have to buy through a third party retailer, or purchase your mattress in store.
- You need a sleep trial. Unlike many competing mattress brands, Scott Living Mattress offers no sleep trial with any of their mattress options. If you need more time than a few hours in a showroom to make your decision, this mattress brand may not be the right choice. You may want to checkout a brand like Saatva. They offer luxury mattresses, provide free white glove delivery, plus a generous 180-night sleep trial.
Based on the construction of these four models, Scott Living mattresses range from medium to firm, catering to a wide variety of sleep preferences. Here's a breakdown of their firmness levels:
- Medium: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Medium provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment.
- Firm: Scott Living's Firm level is best for back and stomach sleepers who still want a mattress that provides adequate give and responsiveness.
Construction & Design
- Scott Living provides 4 different models: a latex model, a memory foam model, a microcoil model, and a hybrid model.
- Scott Living Latex: This all foam and latex model provides a rejuvenating, hygienic sleep experience due to high quality latex layers. Alumilast foam layers make this mattress more comfortable for longer with added temperature control benefits.
- Scott Living Memory Foam: This model is constructed with body conforming memory foam at its core, delivering pressure relief and support. Alumilast foam layers create a cool sleep surface for a more comfortable rest.
- Scott Living MicroCoil: This mattress features two layered spring coil systems for optimal support and pressure point relief. Patented gel technology pulls excess heat away from you throughout the night to keep you cool.
- Scott Living Hybrid: This model layers memory foam on top of its zoned coil system for the best of conforming comfort and resilient support. Alumilast foam technology provides temperature control and durable comfort.
Scott Living mattresses perform pretty well at motion isolation, with Scott Living's Hybrid and MicroCoil models performing the best. Using combined memory foam and coil layers effectively reduces motion transfer, and allows for targeted and isolated support, leaving the rest of the bed undisturbed. For this reason, the Hybrid and MicroCoil models are great for couples.
Unlike its performance in motion isolation, Scott Living mattresses don't have an edge support system, making these beds much less effective at edge support. Without a defined edge support system, these mattresses may be prone to roll-off and sagging.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Scott Living mattresses are compatible with any bed frame, as long as the frame is the correct size for the mattress. Avoid placing your mattress directly on the floor!
Most of Scott Living's Mattresses must be purchased in store or online, through a third party retailer, so shipping and return policy is entirely subject to that retailer. Their only online model (a hybrid) ships to any US address, and comes with an 100-night sleep trial. These mattresses include a 10-year warranty.
Why Buy Scott Living Mattress?
- You're on a budget. Scott Living Mattresses provide advanced sleep technology for much less than some of their competitors, making them a good choice if you're trying to save extra cash.
- You sleep with a partner. Scott Living's Hybrid and MicroCoil options provide a great deal of motion isolation that's optimal for undisturbed sleep. Your partner may roll, move suddenly, or even get up, and you'll be able to sleep soundly.
- You love testing out mattresses in showrooms. While some don't enjoy the showroom experience, you might like visiting an in store retailer. This experience allows you to talk to a representative about any questions, try out all of Scott Living's Mattresses, and get a feel for the brand and comfort provided.
Why Avoid Scott Living Mattress?
- You need more firmness options. With each of their models only ranging from medium to firm, these comfort levels may be limiting to those who want a plusher, or extra firm, sleep. If this is the case, Scott Living Mattress may not be for you.
- You sleep on your side. Additionally, if you're a side sleeper, you might need a plush mattress to relieve the pressure on your hips and your shoulders. Firmer mattresses like these could interrupt a quality sleep, rather than promote it. If this sounds like you, consider purchasing from Saatva instead, which offers a variety of plush options.
Scott Living Mattress is a great option if you want affordable quality. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get Scott Living for a great price, today!