The Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn has been discontinued. If you were set on this Sealy mattress, there's some good news! Sealy's Hybrid Performance mattress shares many benefits and features that Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn mattress seekers might enjoy! It's very close in comparison to price, build, and specs. Below is a review of this mattress's replacement, the Sealy Hybrid Performance, to give you a better insight whether or not this is the right mattress for you!
But, if you're open to other alternatives, we highly recommend Saatva. It's a highly-rated company known for making luxury mattresses with only the finest materials. They offer a variety of different styles and comfort levels, suitable for all sleeper types. Plus, every one of their mattresses are delivered with free white glove delivery!
While Sealy has discontinued their Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn model, their new Hybrid Performance model is incredibly similar in construction, quality, and price. The Hybrid Performance still features Sealy's Pro Response coil system, ComfortSense memory foam, and Duraflex edge support for a highly supportive and comfortable sleep.
Pick Sealy's Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn replacement, the Sealy Hybrid Performance if...
- You're looking for the best of foam and coils. The Sealy Hybrid Performance combines comforting, pressure relieving gel memory foam with an independently encased and zoned coil system to deliver ideal comfort from both systems. It's the best of both worlds!
- You want to sleep cool. With a moisture wicking mattress cover and cooling gel, the Sealy Hybrid Performance draws excess heat away from your body while creating a cool-to-the-touch surface sensation. You'll sleep comfortably cool all night.
- You want a mattress that's adjustable base friendly. The Sealy Hybrid Performance is designed specifically for adjustable bases, especially Sealy's adjustable base line. If you're looking for a new mattress to use on your adjustable base, the Sealy Hybrid Performance is a great option!
Seek alternatives to Sealy's Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn replacement, the Sealy Hybrid Performance if...
- You prefer the feel of memory foam. While the Sealy Hybrid Performance offers exceptional support and comfort, this model's coil system creates responsiveness and bounce not present in memory foam models. If you prefer a cradling comfort feel, this model isn't for you. A great alternative is the Loom & Leaf by Saatva. It's built with premium memory foam and has superior lumbar support for ultimate comfort.
- You don't need additional comfort features. If features like zoned coil support or SealyCool Gel don't matter to you, you don't have to get the Premium! Opt for the Sealy Hybrid Essential for comparable comfort at a lower price point.
The Sealy Hybrid Performance is available in two different firmnesses, Plush and Firm, to provide comfort for both ends of the comfort preference spectrum. Here's a breakdown of both firmness levels:
- Plush: This firmness level is optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, Plush caters to this preference.
- Firm: Firm provides superior support and weight distribution, optimal for stomach sleepers. You'll feel more "on" than "in" this mattress.
Construction & Design
- The Sealy Hybrid Performance is 13" to 13.5" tall, depending on your firmness preference.
- MoistureProtect Cover: This moisture wicking cover draws excess heat away from your body to keep things cool.
- Sealy ComfortSense Gel Memory Foam: This comforting foam layer conforms to your unique body shape while delivering temperature control with surface cooling technology.
- Response Pro Coil System: The Pro Coil System features individually wrapped coils that provide zoned support to your lumbar region, while greatly reducing motion transfer.
- Duraflex Coil Edge System: This high-density, flexible coil border provides edge-to-edge support to increase usable mattress space and prevent roll-off or sagging.
Due to the Sealy Hybrid Performance's superior coil system, this mattress is great at motion isolation. The Response Pro Coil System target your heaviest areas while leaving the rest of the mattress undisturbed, reducing motion transfer across the bed. This makes the Sealy Hybrid Performance a great choice for couples, or if your suffer from tossing and turning.
Just like motion isolation, this mattress performs well at providing edge support. Its Duraflex coil edge system uses high density coils around the border of the mattress to increase edge to edge support and usable surface area. The Duraflex system also prevents sagging, so your bed keeps its shape for years to come.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Sealy recommends using this bed on one of their Stable Support foundations, or a Sealy adjustable base. It's compatible with the Sealy Ease Adjustable Base, TEMPUR-Ergo Adjustable Base, or TEMPUR-Ergo Extend Adjustable Base.
All Sealy mattresses ship free to your door inside the US, and usually arrive between 5-7 days. Sealy offers a 100-night sleep trial, so you can return your mattress risk-free within this period. The Sealy Posturepedic Plus is protected by a 10-year warranty.
Why Buy Sealy's Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn replacement, the Sealy Hybrid Performance?
- You sleep with a partner. The combined memory foam layers, Response Pro coil system, and Duraflex edge system are all a couple needs to sleep undisturbed comfortably. No more rolling off, sudden waking, or uncomfortable positions!
- It's very similar to the Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn. The Sealy Hybrid Performance has all of the key features of the model it replaced: a zoned coil system, advanced memory foam technology, and Duraflex edge support. If you wanted the Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn, the Sealy Hybrid Performance is the best alternative.
- You need zoned support. If you suffer from back pain, the extra support in the middle of this model could be your solution. With 20% more coils in your lumbar region, you'll experience better pressure relief, and technology that encourages spinal health instead of hindering it.
Why Avoid Sealy's Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn replacement, the Sealy Hybrid Performance?
- You need more firmness options. While two firmness options is always better than one, some people may find choosing between Firm and Plush quite limiting. If this sounds like you, opt for the Sealy Posturpedic Plus, which offers five different firmnesses.
- You don't want or have an adjustable base. While this mattress can be used with other bed bases, Sealy strongly encourages to use the Hybrid Performance with an adjustable base. Purchasing a base with your new mattress can double the amount you're prepared to spend, and with no need for one, it may be better to seek alternative brands, such as Saatva.
The Sealy Hybrid Performance is a great alternative to Sealy's Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn if you want comparable comfort and price. This mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get the Sealy Hybrid Performance for a great price, today!