Pick Sherwood Bedding if...
- You want a quality coil system. All Sherwood Bedding models feature an open spring design that provides 21% more support than typical innerspring models. Whether you're choosing a hybrid or innerspring Sherwood Bedding model, you'll experience the enhanced support that these spring systems deliver.
- You need back support. Because these models all feature an innovative coil system, Sherwood Bedding is a great choice if you're a back sleeper who needs extra lumbar support. Plus, nearly every model is available in a firm firmness level – perfect for back sleepers!
- You want a healthy sleep surface. Sherwood Bedding uses the only natural flame retardant materials currently used in the industry, meaning that your mattress is free from toxic chemicals treatments while still keeping you safe.
Seek alternatives to Sherwood Bedding if...
- You're looking for an all foam model. Unfortunately, Sherwood Bedding only makes coil system models. All foam models simply aren't available from Sherwood Bedding! If you're looking for an all foam model, check out Saatva instead. They craft quality foam mattresses for less than competing brands and use only the best materials.
- You want to buy your Sherwood Bedding mattress online, directly from the site. If you want to purchase a Sherwood Bedding mattress, you'll have to purchase from on online third party retailer, or visit an in-store retailer. If this sounds like an inconvenience, Sherwood Bedding may not be the right choice.
Sherwood Bedding features 4 different models with different firmness options to cater to a wide variety of sleep needs and preferences. Here's a breakdown of the four firmness levels they provide:
- Plush: This firmness level is optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, Plush caters to this preference.
- Cushion Firm: Slightly firmer than Plush, this firmness level gives slightly more support while still remaining ideal for side only or combination sleepers.
- Luxury Firm: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Luxury firm provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment. This is also the most popular comfort level of all Saatva mattresses.
- Firm: Firm is best for back and stomach sleepers who still want a mattress that provides adequate give and responsiveness.
Construction & Design
- Villa Series: Sherwood Bedding's Villa Series features a double offset coil system which provides durable, responsive support. Strategically layered, high quality foams add pressure relieving comfort.
- Sunrise Series: With a 460 Verti-Coil double offset coil system and a foam encasement edge support system, the Sunrise series is perfect for back sleepers who need extra support. The circular knit panel cover enhances comfort and durability, while foam layers add pressure relief.
- Ocean View Series: The Ocean View Series is similar to the Sunrise Series, but this collection adds gel infused memory foam for a plusher feel with body contouring comfort. The Ocean View Series also features Tencel knit ticking which enhances this mattress's plush feel.
- Resort Series: The Resort Series uses a pocketed spring system instead of offset coils to reduce motion transfer and provide targeted support. This mattress also features gel memory foam for added comfort and pressure relief.
Each Sherwood Bedding mattress features a durable, innovative coil system paired with layers of quality foam, making these beds a great choice for motion isolation. The Resort Series performs particularly well in this department because of its pocketed coil system, which provides targeted support while leaving the rest of the mattress undisturbed. For this reason, Sherwood Bedding mattresses are a great choice for couples.
Most Sherwood Bedding mattresses feature a foam encasement edge support system, meaning that a high density foam border encases the edges of the mattress. This kind of edge system increases usable surface area, decreases the chances of rolling off, and improves the overall durability of the mattress by preventing future sagging.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Sherwood Bedding mattresses are compatible with box springs, solid foundations or bases, or bed slats, as long as there is a supportive center beam and adequate slats to support the weight of the mattress.
Sherwood Bedding mattresses have to be purchased through a third party online retailer, or at an in-store retailer, leaving the shipping and return policies entirely up to these retailers. Mattress warranty correlates with your mattress's code, received upon purchase.
Why Buy Sherwood Mattress?
- You want the best of foam and springs. Each Sherwood Bedding mattress uses either an offset or pocketed coil system combined with quality foam layers to provide an optimal amount of both comfort and support. If you're looking for an innerspring with a little more cushioning, Sherwood Bedding is a great option.
- You sleep with a partner. If you're looking for a mattress that lets both you and your partner sleep undisturbed with great support, Sherwood Bedding is a great option. Their Resort Series features an individually wrapped coil system that provides support and pressure relief while leaving the rest of the bed still!
- You need firmness options. Sherwood Bedding provides 4 different firmness options in most of their models, so you can customize your desired comfort level while choosing the model that works best for you.
Why Avoid Sherwood Mattress?
- You need a sleep trial. Unless the third party retailer providing these mattresses offers a sleep trial, Sherwood Bedding promises no sleep trial to their customers. If you need a sleep trial to make sure that you've made the right promise, consider Saatva. They provide a generous 180-night sleep trial.
- You want to sleep cool. Despite featuring advanced comfort and support technology, Sherwood Bedding mattresses have no defined cooling features to control your temperature while you sleep. If you depend on cooling features to stay comfortable during the night, Sherwood Bedding isn't a great fit.
Sherwood Bedding is a great choice if you want quality innerspring support. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get Sherwood Mattress for a great price, today!