Pick Spring Air if...
- You want to buy from a varied selection of model collections. Spring Air features 5 distinct mattress collections, each targeting specific sleep needs and comfort preferences, and constructions. If you like shopping from lots of choices, Spring Air is a great mattress company to buy from.
- You want to support a philanthropic cause. If you love supporting charities and would rather buy from a company that donates part of your purchase to a charitable cause, Spring Air is a great choice. Their Hope Collection supports Love Your Melon, a nonprofit organization fighting pediatric cancer.
- You need superior back support. If you're a back sleeper in need of superior pressure relief and lumbar support, Spring Air has a special collection for you. Their Back Supporter collection is engineered specifically to correctly support your back while offering an exceptionally comfortable sleep.
Seek alternatives to Spring Air if...
- You want to buy online through the Spring Air website. Unfortunately, if you're looking for a buying process that's as easy as hitting the checkout button, Spring Air's website won't deliver. You have to locate a third party dealer, or find a third party retailer online to buy Spring Air.
- You need a sleep trial to make sure you've made the right choice. Unless otherwise offered by your third party retailer, Spring Air doesn't offer a sleep trial, unlike many of their competing online brands. Take for example Saatva. They offer a 180-night trial on all of their mattresses.
Because of Spring Air's various models included in each of their 5 collections, Spring Air mattresses vary widely in firmness level to suit many different sleep styles. Firmnesses range from Plush to Extra Firm.
- Plush: This firmness level is optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, plush caters to this preference.
- Lux Firm: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Lux firm provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment.
- Firm: Firm is best for back and stomach sleepers who still want a mattress that provides adequate give and responsiveness.
- Extra Firm: Extra Firm models provide superior support and weight distribution, optimal for stomach sleepers. You'll feel more "on" than "in" this mattress.
Construction & Design
- Spring Air mattresses range from 12" to 15" high.
- Spring Air provides latex, hybrid, and innerspring mattress models.
- The Hope Collection: This mattress collection feels great for your body and your conscience, as a portion of your purchase goes towards the Love Your Melon nonprofit. These mattresses feature Nu-Temp foam which provides increased pressure-point relief and doesn't retain heat. The 3-Zone encased coil spring system provides enhanced hip and shoulder comfort, and reduces motion transfer.
- The Back Supporter: This collection is ideal for back sleepers looking for extra support while still getting a comfortable sleep. These mattresses feature a center-support design with central coil zoning. The coil system is made up of high density and body contouring coils to provide targeted support to different areas of the body, and this collection comes in all firmnesses and feels for a custom sleep.
- The Four Seasons: This mattress collection is designed specifically for those who live and sleep through all four distinct seasons. The model features an easy and convenient "zip and slip" cover, which provides year-round temperature regulation. This cover design makes it easy to transition from the cold to warm months all year long.
- Chattham and Wells: Spring Air's luxury collection, these mattresses look as good as they feel. Each model features a combination of comforting and temperature regulating latex and foam layers, as well as a nano coil and advanced edge support system for a relaxing and supportive sleep.
- Nature's Rest: Spring Air's eco-friendly collection, Nature's Rest mattresses feature a multi-layer latex design that's customized to your firmness preference. The natural latex core provides buoyant, body-conforming support while still providing adequate support. These mattresses are made from Talalay latex and natural linen, and are Oeko-Tex Certified.
Due to Spring Air's common combination of memory foam and coil systems, these mattresses generally perform well at limiting motion transfer. The Nature's Rest firm option isolates motion particularly well because of its all latex construction and reduced bounce. Both The Hope Collection's and the Back Supporter's zoned coil system is designed to reduce motion transfer across the bed through providing targeted support, and Chattham and Wells' Active Support technology resists motion transfer by encouraging muscle relaxation.
If you're looking for edge support, Spring Air's Chattham and Wells' collection performs especially well in this department. This is the only collection with a two-piece edge system, featuring high-density foam rails and a portrait edge. This system ensures edge-to-edge support while reducing roll-off.
Bed Frame Compatibility
Spring Air mattresses are compatible with any bed frame, so long as the frame is the correct size for the mattress.
Because Spring Air is only sold through third party retailers, shipping and return policies are entirely up to these retailers. Spring Air does offer a 10 year warranty with each of their mattresses.
Why Buy Spring Air?
- You want an eco-friendly mattress. Spring Air's Nature's Rest Collection offers premium comfort and support sourced from eco-friendly and sustainable materials, like Talalay latex and natural linen. If you want a mattress that's good for the planet, Spring Air has a model for you. You might also consider the Zenhaven mattress made of 100% Talalay Latex.
- You experience all four seasons where you live. If the temperatures where you live are always shifting with the changing seasons, and you find it difficult to balance warmth with temperature control, check out Spring Air's Four Seasons collection. The convenient zip and slip feature allows you to easily transition between warm and cold seasons.
- You're looking for a hybrid model. Despite Spring Air's wide variety of mattress collections and models, most of these models feature a hybrid construction. If you've been hunting for a hybrid model that fits your needs, Spring Air's wide variety is bound to provide a great choice.
Why Avoid Spring Air?
- You want an all-foam model. If you prefer a traditional memory foam feel, Spring Air is not a great choice for you. Their only all-foam models are made from Talalay latex, which doesn't provide that sink-in feeling you get from memory foam mattresses. Skip Spring Air if this is what you're looking for and opt for the Loom & Leaf mattress by Saatva.
- You don't want to buy from a third-party retailer. Many of Spring Air's competitors offer seamless online purchasing, sleep trials, and free shipping to your door. The fact that you have to seek out a third-party retailer to buy a Spring Air mattress may feel too complicated or difficult considering what their competitors offer. If you'd rather not go through a third party, shop direct with Saatva.
Spring Air is an excellent choice if you want to choose from a wide variety of specialized mattress collections. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get Spring Air at a great price, today!