Pick the Stearns and Foster Estate if...
- You like options. Stearns and Foster's Estate actually comes in 2 different varieties, all with varying comfort and support levels, and a few with different sleep features. If you love having options, the Estate is a great choice!
- You want temperature control. Every variation of the Estate model has an AirVent system, paired with gel memory foam for increased breathability and temperature control. These features together are incredibly effective at keeping you cool while you sleep.
- You want the best of memory foam and coils. Each variation of the Estate model features an advanced coil system for substantial support, as well as memory foam layers for that cradling feeling you crave.
Seek alternatives to the Stearns and Foster Estate if...
- Variety makes your decision difficult. While some people love options, others find that too many options can make their decision more complicated than needed. If choosing from 2 different variations of the Estate model seems like a hassle, you may want to skip Stearns and Foster's Estate.
- You're looking for an all foam model. Each Stearns and Foster Estate model features their IntelliCoil system. If you're looking for an all foam model, the Estate simply won't deliver. A great alternative is the Loom & Leaf by Saatva. It's a luxury mattress built with ultra-premium memory foam.
With 2 different model variations to choose from, the Estate comes in three different firmness levels, and also has luxurious pillow top options for an extra cozy feel. Here's a breakdown of each firmness level:
- Plush: This firmness level is optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, plush caters to this preference.
- Cushion Firm: This is a medium firmness level ideal for all sleep styles, including back and stomach sleepers. Cushion firm provides the cushioning you crave with the support you need for healthy spine alignment.
- Firm: Firm is best for back and stomach sleepers who still want a mattress that provides adequate give and responsiveness.
Construction & Design
- The Stearns and Foster Estate ranges from 13.5" to 15" in height, depending on the model variation you select.
- Every Stearns and Foster Estate model is a hybrid.
- Performance Fabric: The Estate features a soft, breathable, and moisture wicking stretch-knit cover.
- HD Gel Foam Layers: These top foam layers provide body conforming comfort without too much sinkage, allowing you to move without feeling restricted.
- Gel Memory Foam: Cradles your body while controlling your temperature for a cooler, more comfortable sleep.
- Intellicoil System: This advanced coil system adapts to your unique body shape and weight to provide the support that you need.
- Airvent System: Promotes breathability throughout the mattress for a cooler sleep environment.
With the Intellicoil advanced system paired with multiple layers of memory foam, the Stearns and Foster Estate model performs incredibly well at motion isolation. The coil system provides targeted and isolated support, while memory foam layers reduce motion transfer across the bed. The Estate is a great choice for couples for this reason!
Like the Estate's motion isolation performance, this bed also does well at edge support. The Estate has PrecisionEdge system, which increases usable surface area and better seated support around the edges of the mattress. This system prevents sagging and roll-off, making it a great choice if you toss and turn.
Bed Frame Compatibility
While Stearns and Foster mattresses can technically be used with any frame or base, they strongly recommend pairing your Estate model with either a Stearns and Foster adjustable frame, or their flat foundation, which creates a solid and supportive base for your mattress to rest on top of.
Stearns and Foster mattresses can't be bought online directly through their website, so you'll have to buy from a third party retailer to have your mattress shipped to you. Stearns and Foster has no clear sleep trial or return policy currently. Warranty ranges from 5-12 years, but this information is only available after purchasing the mattress.
Why Buy the Stearns and Foster Estate?
- You sleep with a partner. If you sleep with a partner, the Estate's Intellicoil system, PrecisionEdge support, and multiple firmness levels make it an excellent mattress to share. You'll sleep undisturbed with more usable surface to sleep on, and you can both decide on a comfort level that's best for you.
- You toss and turn in your sleep. If you're a restless sleeper, the Estate's cradling memory foam combined with its excellent edge support system may be all you need to keep you from tossing. If you're looking for a more restful sleep, the Estate is a great choice.
- You want a pillow top for added comfort. Both variations of the Estate model have firm and plush pillow top options for customizable comfort. Pillow tops make your sleep more luxurious while still delivering the support you need.
Why Avoid the Stearns and Foster Estate?
- You need a sleep trial. With no clear sleep trial option defined, it's unlikely that Stearns and Foster provides any sleep trial at all. If you require extra time with your new mattress to make sure it's the right choice, the Stearns and Foster Estate might not be the best choice. In contrast, Saatva provides a generous 180-night risk-free sleep trial on all of their mattresses.
- You don't want to travel to a Stearns and Foster retailer. If you'd rather buy your mattress directly from the brand's website, without leaving the comfort of your home, you may want to reconsider. Stearns and Foster redirects customers to in-store retailers, and your only other option is to buy online from a third parter retailer. A good alternative is Saatva. Not only can you buy directly on their website, they provide a sleep trial and free white glove delivery.
The Stearns and Foster Estate is a great buy if you want luxurious comfort and support. This mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get the Stearns and Foster Estate at a great price, today!