Pick Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe if...
- You sleep on your side. The Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe mattress is exceptionally soft. As such, it's really only recommended for people who frequently sleep on their sides. The layers of memory foam contour to your body allowing you to "sink" into the bed.
- You're lightweight. In the event you sleep on your back, then you may still be able to utilize this mattress provided you don't weigh a lot. It evenly distributes pressure to give you a greater all-around feeling across your body.
- You sleep with someone else. One great feature of this memory foam mattress is how it isolates motion. You don't end up getting disturbed if your partner tosses and turns in the middle of the night.
Seek alternatives to Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe if...
- You're on a budget. Tempur-Pedic is one of the most well-known mattress brands around. And the Cloud Luxe mattress is among the most expensive mattresses within the company's catalog. Other memory foam mattresses, such as the Loom & Leaf by Saatva may be more up your alley.
- You're a heavier set individual. In the event you weigh over 230 pounds, then there's a good chance the mattress ends up being too soft to sleep comfortably. This is especially the case if you prefer to be on your back or stomach as you rest. Consider the Saatva HD mattress which can hold between 300 and 500 pounds.
On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is the softest and 10 is the firmest, the Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe is about a 1-2. It's one of the softest mattresses offered by Tempur-Pedic. So you truly sink into the mattress at night. This is preferable for people who sleep on their sides most of the time or individuals suffering from shoulder or hip pain.
Construction & Design
- The Cloud Luxe measures 13.5 inches in height.
- The mattress is constructed out of solid memory foam. However, there are multiple layers with different kinds of foam to provide you with greater support.
- EasyFresh Top Cover: The Cloud Luxe comes with an easy removable cover. It's easy to wash and comes with a dual zipper you're able to access anywhere.
- Smart Climate System: The Smart Climate System is common on Tempur-Pedic mattresses. it consists of 2 layers designed to keep you cozy at night. The top layer contains tiny fibers to help wick away moisture. This is combined with an inner layer that keeps the bedding cool to the touch.
- Comfort Layer: The mid-section consists of proprietary Tempur-ES material. This gives the mattress its softer sensation.
- Support Layer: The support layer, made from Tempur-HD material, helps evenly distribute your weight throughout the bed.
- Base Layer: The base is the largest individual section. It's there to offer support for the rest of the layers.
Minimal motion transfer exists on the Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe. If one partner tosses and turns at night, or often gets out of bed at midnight, then the other person is less likely to be disturbed. This makes the mattress an ideal pick for couples, especially when both people tend to sleep on their side.
Since the Cloud Luxe is made from exceptionally soft memory foam, it really dips down. Unfortunately, that results in not a ton of edge support. You get greater support and weight distribution the closer to the center of the mattress you are. Consider a hybrid mattress like the Saatva Classic which features sturdy coils and a Dual Perimeter Edge system.
Bed Frame Compatibility
You want to make sure you have a sturdy bed frame to support the Cloud Luxe. A metal or slatted bed frame would work best to keep it in place and prevent sagging. Additionally, a memory foam mattress works great with adjustable frames. The foam adjusts perfectly with changes in elevation from the frame to keep you comfortable as you rest.
Tempur-Pedic offers a 90-day sleep trial for all of their mattresses. In the event you're not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for the full price minus any shipping costs. It also comes with a 10-year warranty that protects you from any factory defects.
Why Buy Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe?
- You suffer from back pain. Individuals with pre-existing back problems should look into getting a soft memory foam mattress. It better conforms to your body's natural curves, allowing your spine to rest in a more natural state at night. However, if you don't sleep on your side, then you may end up doing more harm than good.
- You want your mattress to smell great. It can be hard to clean some mattresses. Fortunately, the Cloud Luxe features a removable cover that can be cleaned in any standard washing machine. Through regular washes, you can ensure your mattress continues smelling great.
- You want to try the mattress first. Not all mattresses, even those you can only buy online, allow you to return it. Tempur-Pedic is a reputable brand that stands behind its products. You can try it out for 3-months to make sure it's right for you before deciding to keep it permanently.
Why Avoid Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe?
- You sleep hot. The softness of the Cloud Luxe doesn't allow for optimal airflow. If you already sweat a lot at night and feel. hot, then it may not work for you. In its place, you should consider the Zenhaven mattress, which is better designed for hot sleepers.
- You need a firmer mattress. For some people with back pain, a firmer mattress may be preferable. In general, people who like sleeping on their backs or stomachs with back discomfort should opt for something firmer. A great alternative is the Saatva Classic in either a Luxury Firm or Firm feel.
Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe is a plush memory foam mattress that allows you to sink into your bed while not feeling motions from your partner. This mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get a great price on the Cloud Luxe today!