Some mattresses aren't designed to be put on the floor, such as thin mattresses or hospital beds. These mattresses don't give enough support when on the floor and leave you prone to severe aches and pains. Your floor mattress needs to be hypoallergenic and have optimal spinal support. Get the Best Floor Mattress from Saatva, today!
Can mattresses be put directly on the floor?
Mattresses can be used directly on the floor without using a base or a box spring for extra support. This isn't recommended, but some brands (like Saatva) give you optimal support and are better suited than other mattresses for floor use.
The worst mattress for the floor is a mattress that's too thin or too soft. You won't be able to comfortably escape the dust on your floor or get adequate spinal support. This leads to back pain, poor blood circulation, and allergies. Also, people who use special mattresses (such as a hospital bed) shouldn't put their mattress on the floor.
Many people simply are on a tight budget or don't have enough space for a base and have no other choice but to leave a mattress on the floor. However, this isn't recommended as a long-term solution. Instead, opt for a mattress that is affordable, offers financing options, and is adaptable to multiple base types, like Saatva.
Pros and cons of putting a mattress on the floor
- Improved blood circulation: Putting your mattress on the floor gives you a solid, firm, and flat base. This helps your mattress to maintain it's firmness and spinal support, promoting blood flow through your body.
- Saves you money: Putting your mattress directly on the floor is a budget-friendly option as you're not required to purchase a base or box spring.
- Exposure to dust: Sleeping on a mattress that's on the floor exposes you to more dust. You can't escape the particles that build up on your floor. This leads to heavy breathing and could even cause sleeping disorders and allergic reactions.
- Less breathability: When your mattress is on the floor it's not as easily able to breathe. This allows a build-up of sweat and other toxins that cause mold. Mold is one of the most dangerous side-effects of putting your mattress on the floor and leads to serious health issues.
- Exposure to bed bugs: A mattress on the floor is more vulnerable to a bed bug infestation. The lower the mattress, the more accessible it is to bugs.
This mattress is recommended by chiropractors (and can even be put on the floor)
Leading chiropractors recommend the Saatva Classic Mattress in the U.S. It provides the ideal balance between uplifting support and cushioning comfort. However, due to this mattress's quality and design, Saatva recommends that you don't put it on the floor permanently. It's better if you use a mattress base or box spring to preserve its quality and prevent wear and tear.
It's available in three firmness levels, with the luxury firm preferred by 82% of customers. You get a 180-night trial period to decide whether or not the Saatva Classic mattress matches your needs and free white glove delivery.
Benefits of the Saavta Classic mattress:
- Back and joint pain relief: The Saatva Classic mattress comes with a specialized Euro pillowtop that provides relief to your pressure points. It gives cushioning to ease tension and give support to your spinal cord and joints.
- Optimal spinal support: Fitted with a patented spinal zone technology and CertiPUR-US® certified memory foam; this mattress keeps your spine aligned. This promotes general health and leads to reduced pressure in your lower back.
- Chiropractor approved: The Saatva Classic mattress is recommended by leading U.S chiropractors. It's also approved by the Chiropractic State of Associations.
Features of the Saatva Classic mattress:
- 3'' Euro pillow top: This pillow type gives more cushioning than most mattress pillow tops. The Euro pillow's tucked underneath the organic cotton cover of the Saatva Classic mattress.
- Double-edge support: The Saatva Classic mattress comes with high-density foam rails. to prevent sagging. This makes it easier for you to get in and out of bed. It also helps your mattress keep its shape.
- Individually pocketed coils: The Saatva Classic mattress's coil design allows for your mattress to contour to your movements. The double-coil of this mattress prevents motion transfer and gives better airflow than regular coils.
- Patented spinal zone technology: The high-density memory foam is CertiPUR-US Certified and works to provide superior spinal support. It gives you pressure relief in the middle of your mattress, which allows for the best spinal alignment.
- Tempered support coil base: The Saatva Classic mattress has a base unit made of 416 tempered steel, 13-gauge support coils. This makes the mattress incredibly durable and provides you with long-lasting quality.
These qualities make it a great option for those wanting the best mattress. Improve your sleep quality with the Saatva Classic mattress. This mattress has multiple features that provide extra support and superior quality.
It's perfect for a wide variety of body sizes and types, with a design dedicated to both comfort and health. Keep in mind that this mattress is best used on some kind of base and isn't recommended for daily use on your floor.
The #1 Floor Mattress
Saatva is our top pick for the #1 best Floor Mattress in 2022! They're a luxury hypoallergenic mattress shipped directly to your door (with full-service white-glove delivery). They have over 50,000 reviews and continue to be one of the most reputable, established brands in the industry (founded in 2009). Check their price, here